Pages are a powerful tool for managing editorial content and providing users with valuable company data and information. Whether it's company news or fixed content, pages offer a way to automatically notify all relevant groups about new content. This feature is particularly useful for central news, which can be made available to everyone by Corporate or Internal Communications departments.
For a space for collaboration and discussion on projects or between teams, we suggest using communities instead of pages.
These are the features of pages:
- The Pages overview: By default, the Pages overview shows you all the pages you have access to, allowing you to quickly find and subscribe to relevant pages. You can be auto-subscribed to mandatory pages, meaning you cannot unsubscribe from them. You can search and apply filters to view pages based on your subscription status, admin status, and category. Pages are ordered by automatically auto-subscribed pages first, followed by all other pages (sorted alphabetically).
- Page subscribers: Users following a page are referred to as Subscribers. A page admin can see a list of subscribers to their page. Users can see the admins of a page under Imprint.
- File library: When you create a page, a file library is automatically created. This library can be accessed and edited by admins under Manage files. Each app has a subfolder within the library where any files uploaded to that app are stored by default.
- Creating pages: You can create pages in the Pages overview, provided you have the necessary permissions. A page can be Public or Private, and you can make it mandatory by auto-subscribing users. Learn more in this article:
- Adding content to pages: After a page is created, content has to be added to it by adding apps and widgets. A newly created page is empty until it's designed. Learn more in this article:
- Using categories for pages: Pages can be labeled with categories for users to filter by to find relevant pages more easily. Categories can be applied to a page in the page settings. Learn more in this article:
- Pages on mobile: Pages can also be accessed on the mobile app. Learn more in this article:
These are the permissions related to pages:
- "Access pages": Activates the Pages overview in the navigation bar. This is required for the below permissions to function.
- "Create page": Allows users to create pages in the Pages overview. Since pages are an official part of the platform, we recommend that only selected people be allowed to create new pages.
- "Create public page": Allows users to create public pages in the Pages overview. If you don't have this permission, you can only create private pages.
- "Edit page": Allows users to edit pages and their settings if they are also an admin of the pages.
- "Manage apps of a page": Allows users to add and manage apps on a page. Only apps that have been activated in the Administration can be added.
- "Follow page": Allows users to subscribe and unsubscribe to pages.
- "Delete page": Allows users to delete pages if they are also an admin of the pages.
- "Set pages to auto-subscribe": Allows users to set pages as mandatory and auto-subscribe users/user groups to them.
- "Manage Categories" (under Pages): Allows users to create, edit, and delete categories on the Pages overview.