You can create pages if you have the "Create page" or "Create public page" permission. After creating a page, you can add content to it using apps and widgets.
Create a page
- Select Create page in the Pages overview.
- Enter a title/name for your page that clearly describes its content. The title will also be the basis for the automatically assigned page URL.
- Optionally, add a description with information on the page's contents.
- Optionally, choose categories for your page to guide users in understanding its topic and intention. While creating a page, you can only select existing categories.
- Upload an avatar image for the page. The recommended size for the image is 512x512px, and it can be at a max of 10MB. A cover image for your page can be added after creating the page.
- Add admins allowed to manage your page. As the page creator, you are automatically an admin. All page admins are displayed in the Imprint section of the page.
- With the visibility settings, you determine who can see and subscribe to your page:
- Public: These pages and their content can be seen, subscribed to, and found via search by any user in Haiilo
- Private: These pages and their content can be seen, subscribed to, and found via search only by the users selected by the page creator/admin.
- In the auto-subscribe field, you can automatically subscribe certain user groups or all users to your page. In general, auto-subscription has the following effects:
- Users don't have the option to unsubscribe from the page
- Pages with auto-subscriptions are always displayed first in the Pages overview
- The users see the "Automatically subscribed" note on the corresponding page
- If the auto-subscription for a page is later deactivated, this will not affect the current existing subscriptions. Each user keeps their active subscription until they manually unsubscribe.
- If you have activated multi-language, you can define translations for the page title and description for the languages your platform uses.
- Select Activate translations in the upper right corner
- Select the page's default language. If you don't offer the page in all platform languages, users will see it in the default language. The default language cannot be changed later.
- Select the languages you want the page title and description to be available in
- Select Apply
- Choose another language in the drop-down and select if you want to copy the default language's title and description over
- Translate the title and description into the selected language
- Repeat steps 4-5 for all languages you selected to offer translations in
- Select Save to create your page
If you edit a page after it has been created, you can adjust the page URL. However, changing the URL may mean that existing links to this page can no longer be used.
Example page use cases
We'll help you create pages that suit your needs. We've created a few typical use cases for this to give you a little inspiration. We explain our recommendations in these articles: