You can use Microsoft Teams as a communication channel when sending posts from the Studio. For this, you need to configure an Entra ID app and a Teams app according to the steps below. Both apps are required.
This article only concerns creating a Microsoft Teams integration for the Multichannel Communication module. For information on the Modern Intranet module's Microsoft Teams integration, view Microsoft Teams Integration: Setup (Cloud).
Set up an Entra ID App
Configure an Entra ID app according to the steps below to use MS Teams as a communication channel in the Studio for your Multichannel posts.
- Login to Microsoft Entra ID (formerly Azure Active Directory) with an admin account
- Create a new app
- Go to API permissions
- Create a client secret
- In Haiilo's Administration > Multichannel, add the Tenant ID, Client ID, and Client secret from the Entra ID app into the corresponding fields.
Set up a Teams App
After setting up the Entra ID app, configure a Teams app according to the steps below.
- Login to the Developer Portal
- Create a Teams App
- Configure Basic information
- Fill in the Developer Information
- Fill in App URLs
- Add your Entra ID App's Client ID into the Application (client) ID field. The Entra ID App was created in the previous steps
- In Haiilo's Administration > Multichannel, add the App ID from MS Teams into the corresponding field
- Enable Bot feature
- Select App features > Bot
- Select Identify your bot > Enter Bot ID. The Bot ID can be found in Haiilo's Administration > Multichannel.
- Select "Only send notifications (one-way conversations)" in the "What can your bot do?" section. This is recommended because message responses a user sends are not captured or processed. Enabled replies might mislead the user into thinking that the reply reaches the post author.
- Select Personal in "Select the scopes in which people can use this command" section
- Select Save
- Add the domain to enable the full post to be displayed in MS Teams' iFrame
- Go to Domains
- Select Create your first domain or Add domain
- Add your Haiilo platform's domain for which this app is used, e.g., subdomain.coyocloud.com
- Select Save
- Publish the App from Publish to Org > Publish your app
- Approve the Teams App
- Login to https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/
- Select Teams Apps > Manage Apps (on the left side menu)
- Search for and select your app
- Select Publish > Publish