In theory, it’s absolutely possible, but it involves some degree of work and affects your Haiilo environment. All existing links to and within your Haiilo will no longer work after the change. The best example of this are all of the links that have been posted on your timelines, which will lead nowhere after a URL change.
As a result, in practice, we would advise against this as it has unpleasant effects for normal users:
- Bookmark saved in the browser no longer work.
- The cache must be completely emptied.
- Existing links within Haiilo aren’t changed and don’t work anymore.
- All widgets that work with permanent URLs need to be customized (e.g. the downloads widget, bookmarks) and possibly also the launchpad.
- If you have a white label app from us, it must be adapted by a new app version.
It will suffice if you change the name of your new URL in the .env file and pay attention to whether you have separate certificates in which the name also needs to be customized. If you aren’t sure what to do, please get in touch with our service team before making the change. In this case, please create a ticket in our service desk. Our qualified colleagues will assist you with your concern and work with you to clarify the next steps.