With the Custom Domain add-on, you can define your own domain/URL for your platform. Additionally, you can define a custom email address.
Requirements and information
These are the requirements for setting up a custom domain:
- Your platform is hosted in the Haiilo cloud.
- You have purchased the Custom Domain add-on.
- You own the domain you want to use and have access to the Domain Name System (DNS) server responsible for the domain.
- The configuration of the DNS server must allow Let's Encrypt to issue the certificates.
Before setting up a custom domain, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Users of the mobile app should log out and back in after the new domain has been activated.
- You may have to share another IP address internally if you use a custom domain.
- If you are using a white-labeled mobile app, please contact our service desk before activating the custom domain, so that the app can be adapted for an upcoming app version.
Set up a custom domain
A superadmin can set up a custom domain from Administration > System settings > Domain:
- Enter the domain you want to use
- Select Continue domain setup
- To verify the domain, copy it and the CNAME record into your domain's DNS settings
- Back in Haiilo, select Check DNS contribution. Your Haiilo system will find the domain in the DNS and verify it. A certificate will be installed automatically in the background
- Activate your new domain
After activation, users can access your Haiilo platform through the new domain. The previous domain provided by Haiilo will remain active, so users who still enter the old URL are automatically redirected to the new custom domain.