Haiilo offers a comprehensive permissions and roles system that enables fine-grained authorization. It often begins with the question: "What structure do we need, and where is it best to start?" We'll help you work out how to get started!
Imagine the setup of the permissions and roles concepts like building a pyramid:
The foundation of the pyramid is what’s known as the default role. It is the lowest common denominator for all users in your digital home and forms the "first floor" of your pyramid. In this role, you determine the minimum of what a user should be able to use.
All further permissions in further roles are always supplementary, never restrictive. Every further permission is added to your pyramid like an additional “story”. In this way, your permissions and roles pyramid also depicts a hierarchy: The more permissions a user receives, the higher they are in the pyramid. The more permissions, the more rarely this role is also represented or assigned in Haiilo.
A permissions and roles concept in five steps
At the start, you should first take a look at the future users of your digital home. Once you have an overview, you need to assign permissions and roles to the corresponding user groups in Haiilo.
The following approach makes this easier for you to create the concept:
- Identify groups of people/target groups in the company and make note of the similarities between the groups
(e.g. editors, sales representatives, etc.)
- Take a look at the permissions management overview in Haiilo to get an overview of the individual permissions
(Administration > User administration > Roles)
- Set or customize the permissions of the default role
- Consider which extended permissions the user groups from point 1 should be assigned
- Create supplementary roles according to your user groups in the user administration in Haiilo and assign the corresponding permissions
(Administration > User administration > Roles > Create role)
An overview of all permissions can be helpful when setting up your permissions and roles concept. This overview helps you to map your various roles and allocate these permissions.