There are two types of notifications in the Haiilo mobile app: push notifications and in-app notifications.
If the admins have activated push notifications, you can enable push notifications in your Notification settings on the web app and on your mobile device. Push notifications are available for new chat messages and published blog articles (when enabled).
You can configure push notifications in the Haiilo mobile app from > Settings > Push notifications. This will take you to your mobile device's settings to customize push notifications for the Haiilo app. A notification badge can also be shown on the Haiilo app:
- For new chat messages: A badge displaying the number of unread messages is displayed on both Android and iOS.
- For blog articles on pages:
- iOS: A badge without a number is displayed, regardless of the actual number of published blog articles.
- Android: A badge with the number 1 is displayed, regardless of the actual number of published blog articles.
In-app notifications are located in the notification bell in the upper right corner of the app homepage. When the icon is filled and contains a dot, it means that there are new unread notifications. You can mark all notifications read from the double checkmarks icon in the notifications tab.
The mobile in-app notifications are different from the web app notifications. In the mobile app, there is one tab with fewer notifications. The following items trigger mobile in-app notifications:
- You have been mentioned (@mention).
- There is a new comment on content you have subscribed to.
- A colleague starts following you.
- You're invited to a community.
- You're invited to an event.
- Your request to join a community has been denied.
- A colleague requests to join a community where you are an admin.
- A blog article was published in a community or on a page you follow.
- A new file has been uploaded in a community or on a page you follow.
- A wiki article has been published in a community or on a page you follow.
- A wiki article has been edited in a community or on a page you follow.