When adding users to your Haiilo platform, there are multiple options available. You can also choose to use a combination of these options.
Option 1: Local users
Detailed instructions on how to create local users can be found here.
There is a simple way to add new so-called local users in the Administration. These users are only stored in your platform and have no connection to other systems; you manage them manually.
- Simple and intuitive management in Haiilo's interface
- Fast implementation within a few minutes - even without technical know-how
- Little effort with a low number of users and/or low fluctuation of employees
- For the first-time user import, this variant is time-consuming for a large number of users as users are created one-by-one
- Manual effort with each change of employee; deactivating old employees, adding new employees
If you start with local users, you can connect them to a directory later if needed.
Option 2: User directories
Detailed instructions on each user directory option can be found here:
- User directory: Active Directory and LDAP
- User directory: Google Workspace
- User directory: Microsoft Graph
- User directory: HRIS (has certain limitations)
Sometimes, managing users manually is not feasible due to strict security measures or the large number of users you have to add to Haiilo. Haiilo offers a simple, albeit technically more demanding, solution: sync with your company's user directory. You can automatically run jobs at set times that synchronize your user data in Haiilo with a central company directory.
Haiilo only reads user directories. No entry is made in your user directory if data is present in Haiilo but not in the directory.
- Synchronization and alignment are fully automated
- Manual corrections and errors are eliminated
- For a large number of users, this is the most efficient way to transfer data to Haiilo
- Setup and initialization are associated with technical effort; you need the help of your company's IT department
- Synchronization only works if your user directory is configured correctly
- You're responsible for the correct setup and network activation and may need support from your company's directory provider
Option 3: CSV import
Detailed instructions on how to import users via CSV can be found here.
Users and groups can also be imported directly via CSV file. This can be a workaround if you have an LDAP server but can't/won't connect it to the Haiilo server or if your company has front-line workers who don't have a corporate email address. This is probably the easiest and fastest method, but it has some limitations.
- Quick and easy import of many users and groups
- CSV file can be generated from an LDAP server
- User information can be updated by re-inserting the file
- No additional technical effort by configuring a firewall, LDAP server, etc.
- Not all user information can be imported