The form app takes care of applications at a digital level. Applications that would otherwise arrive in dribs and drabs by e-mail or would be submitted analog on paper can be handled in a clear and digital way with the form app.
Put together the fields as needed and then your colleagues can complete them later on. By clicking on "Send", the completed form will then be sent to the administrators. A distinction can be made here between the fields that are mandatory and those that are optional. Common examples of the use of the form app include vacation requests, business card orders, master data changes, or other applications.
If you are an admin and are on a page or in a community, select the form app under "Add app". Then make all of the desired settings.
Which settings should you apply in the form app?
- Name: This is the name that will be visible later on in the page navigation on the left.
It makes sense to write here what can be requested in this app.
- Active: If the check mark has been added, the app is visible for all users, otherwise only admins can see it.
- Title of the form
- Description of the form
- Limitation of the form. This means whether a user can submit the form more than once.
- Notifications, i.e. who should be notified when new submissions are received (here you can choose between administrators and nobody)
- Show submissions. This means whether simple users can look at other people’s submissions. You can find more about this at the end of the article.
Administrators of the page will always receive an email notification when this option is selected. Additional users can be selected here as well.
Create the form
The form still hasn’t been configured once the app is created. You now need to select the fields that your users should complete.
Create the first fields by clicking on "New field". A window opens in which you can choose from various types of field. The clarifications of the functions of the various fields are shown next to the names of the field types in the selection overview.
You can also select further settings for each new field. You can
- Give the field a name,
- , Specify whether it should be a mandatory field,
- Decide whether it should be shown or hidden in the overview,
- Add a description to the field.
After selecting the options, click on "Save" and the desired field is created.
You can expand your form with as many fields as you like and thus define it precisely according to your needs.
Once you have already created fields and want to customize them later on, you can use the three small dots to access the option "Configure fields". This takes you back to the Edit screen to add, change or delete fields.
The creator of the app is automatically also always an admin. Unless the settings allow any user to look at the results, only the admin can do this.
At the top right in the app, you will find the link "View results".
If you click on the link, an overview of all form submissions from your colleagues appear along with the respective creation date.
You also have the option here of explicitly searching for certain submissions with the help of the search bar.