With Haiilo's Google integration, you can allow users to authenticate with Google credentials and provision users from Google Workspace. Additionally, with an add-on, users can sync events to Google Calendar, attach Google Drive files to various platform elements, and search for files on Google Drive within Haiilo.
The Google integration features are divided into two parts: basic and add-on.
The basic features are included with your Haiilo platform by default.
- Authenticating with Google: Users can log in to Haiilo using their Google Workspace credentials, provided that their email address on Haiilo matches their email address on Google. The setup is established in Google Workspace and in Haiilo's Administration > Authentication. To use the add-on features, it's mandatory to use Google authentication. Learn more in this article:
Syncing users: Users and groups can be automatically synchronized from Google Workspace. The setup is established in Google Workspace and in Haiilo's Administration > User directories. Learn more in this article:
The Google add-on comes at an additional cost and can only be used with the Modern Intranet module. Using Google authentication is a prerequisite for using the add-on features.
If you have acquired the add-on and module and have set up Google authentication, these additional features become available for your platform after activation. Learn more in this article: Activating the Google add-on features
- Syncing events to Google Calendar: Events on the platform are synced to a user's Google Calendar. Changes are also updated automatically. Users need to activate the Google Calendar sync in their account settings.
- Attaching Google Drive files: Users can easily attach Google Drive files to elements such as timeline posts, comments, in a chat, or as an attachment to an article. The permission settings of documents in Google Drive remain the same even when publishing them on Haiilo.
- Searching Google Drive on Haiilo: Users can find files on Google Drive within Haiilo's search. Results from Drive are shown as its own content type, and when a result is selected, the user is taken to the file on Drive. Selecting See all directs the user to Google Drive's search.
The permission directly related to the Google integration is:
- "Activate Google Workspace": Allows users to use the features of the Google add-on.