With Haiilo's Google add-on, users can sync events to Google Calendar, attach Google Drive files to various platform elements, and search for files on Google Drive within Haiilo. To enable the add-on features, you need to complete steps both in the Google and Haiilo Administration.
Google authentication is required to use the Google add-on features. Please complete the authentication setup before proceeding with this tutorial to ensure your users log in to Haiilo with their Google Workspace credentials.
Define access in Google
Activate API access
- Log in to the Google Cloud Platform.
- Select the project that you created when setting up Google authentication for Haiilo
- Go to Menu > APIs and Services > Library
- Search the API library for and select:
- Google Calendar API (needed for the Google Calendar add-on feature)
- Google Drive API (needed for the Google Drive add-on features)
- Enable the preferred APIs for your project
Add OAuth scopes
- In Google Cloud, go to Menu > APIs & Services > OAuth Consent screen
- Select Edit app to edit the consent screen you created when setting up Google authentication
- On the Scopes tab, select:
/auth/calendar.events(needed for the Google Calendar add-on feature)
/auth/drive(needed for the Google Drive add-on features)
- Select Update > Save and continue
Activate add-on in Haiilo
You need the "Manage system settings" and "Manage users, groups and roles" permissions to activate the integration and assign permission for users to use it.
Activate the integration
- In Haiilo, go to Administration > System settings > General settings
- Scroll down to Activate integration
- Select Google Workspace
- Select Save to apply changes
Assign permission to users
- In Haiilo, go to Administration > User management > Roles
- Select to edit the role for which you want to assign permission to use the Google add-on features, e.g., a User role
- Under Integrations, enable the "Activate Google Workspace" permission
- Select Save to apply changes to the role
After this, all users with the assigned role who are authenticated with their Google credentials can use the Google add-on features.
Users can turn on or off Google Calendar sync in their account settings to choose whether events are synced to their calendars or not.