Disclaimer: This article has been co-written by a human and AVA.
What is AI?
AI, or Artificial Intelligence, refers to human-created technology that attempts to mimic the way a human would perform a task. To do this, it uses vast amounts of data to predict results, which allows the AI to carry out tasks and provide responses based on what you ask it. Like a human, it improves by learning and doing. In a nutshell, here's how it works:
- AI analyzes large datasets, known as training data, for patterns and uses this to create a model
- The model is then tested by asking questions AI already knows the answers to and assessing the accuracy of the answers. These answers are referred to as test data.
- As the AI receives more inputs and test data, it continues to learn and further refine its model, improving the responses it provides.
In this article, we will explain the requirements, capabilities, and limitations of using Haiilo's AI feature AVA (Artificial Virtual Assistant).
This article should not be used as a comprehensive resource for learning about artificial intelligence in general.
Requirements and setup
To use AVA, you require a subscription and API key from an AI provider. Currently, Haiilo only supports OpenAI as a provider.
You need to create an account directly on OpenAI in order to be able to use AVA in Haiilo. For this, you have to set up a contract between your company and OpenAI.
After creating your account on OpenAI, create an API key for Haiilo and copy it.
For any questions regarding OpenAI or its platform, please view OpenAI's help center for assistance.
Haiilo AVA is available with the Multichannel Communication module in Haiilo. Set up AVA on Haiilo in these easy steps:
- Go to Administration > Multichannel > AVA.
- Choose a provider and a model (currently, Haiilo only supports OpenAI as a provider and its models GPT-3.5-turbo or GPT-4)
- Paste the OpenAI API key in the corresponding field
- Select Save changes
After setting this up, you can use AVA when creating posts in the Studio.
If you can't see the Multichannel menu item in the Administration, you should check that you have acquired the Multichannel Communication module and have permission for "Multichannel administration".
AVA is a helpful tool that allows you to save time when creating posts in the Studio. Think of AVA as your artificial assistant, providing support when you need help starting a new post or if you feel stuck and unsatisfied with your current post content. Let AVA lead the way!
Currently, AVA can complete the below actions:
- Change your text's tonality to be more "Friendly", "Formal", or "Professional"
- Make your text shorter or longer
- Simplify your text so you can ensure your users will understand complex topics
- Summarize a text you've written, allowing you to create a blurb or TLDR excerpt
- Generate hashtags based on the text you've written
In the Studio, you can use AVA as follows:
- Select "New post"
- Use AVA:
- Option 1:
- Start writing your text or a prompt for AVA, e.g., "why communicating with your employees on their preferred channels is key"
- Highlight the text/prompt you want AVA to use and a small popup with an "AI" tab appears
- Click "AI" and choose an action for AVA, e.g., "Make longer"
- Option 2:
- Input /
- Select Ask AVA
- Write a prompt for AVA, e.g., "write about why communicating with your employees on their preferred channels is key"
- Option 1:
- Wait while AVA is typing.
- When AVA is done, a response generates and you can decide how to proceed:
- Discard: the generated response is discarded. You can try changing your original text before requesting a new response
- Replace: AVA replaces your original text with the generated response. Your original text is discarded.
- Insert below: AVA inserts the generated response into your post below your original text.
It's that easy! After inserting AVA's response, you can manually edit the text or highlight a section and ask AVA to complete another action, e.g., simplify.
Only a user with the permissions "Create, edit and delete posts" and "Access Multichannel Studio" can use AVA.
AI is a cutting-edge technology that is advancing rapidly through extensive research and development. There are various factors that can result in limitations and errors, including systemic biases, insufficient training data, and low-quality data, such as outdated information. Just like a human, AI sometimes makes mistakes.
This means that when using AVA, there is a risk that your generated response might be incorrect, harmful, biased, or outdated. We always recommend proofreading your AVA-generated content before publishing a post to ensure its validity, integrity, and relevance. We also recommend disclosing to your targeted audience that your content has been created with the help of or entirely by AI.
Below you'll find two known limitations and their explanations.
Generated hashtags are not linked or clickable.
When generating hashtags, the hashtags will appear as static text instead of clickable text. You can quickly identify them by their color: static hashtags will appear in the same color as your text, while clickable hashtags will show up in your theme's link color.
To make your hashtags clickable, please copy a hashtag and paste it back into the post. A popup appears where you can select the hashtag or create a "New hashtag".
Issues with language
As AVA is currently based on OpenAI and the large language models they use, Haiilo cannot guarantee that you will receive your AVA-generated content in your original input language. The output is determined by OpenAI's models.
Additionally, we are unable to specify which languages are supported at this time.
Your data is still encrypted and private following Haiilo's standard data protection policies. The AI provider's API key that you add in the Administration is stored and hosted on Haiilo servers with state-of-the-art encryption.
Your data will not be used to train OpenAI's models. OpenAI has usage policies that apply to all users of OpenAI's models and services. By following them, you ensure that AI technology is used for good. For more information, see here.