Shortcuts in Haiilo enable you to pin your company's preferred tools, websites, applications, and other assets to the feed, so your employees can easily find and access them.
Shortcuts are visible at the top of their home page in the Haiilo mobile app or under the channel list in the Haiilo desktop platform.
How to create a shortcut
Shortcuts can easily be created by a company or group admin from Administration > Settings > Home Screen by choosing "Add Shortcut".
To create a shortcut, you have to fill in certain fields:
- Shortcut name: in this field you write a name for your Shortcut. This is the name that will be displayed on the shortcut icon in Haiilo.
- Shortcut link: in this field you paste the URL that you want your shortcut to lead to. When users click on the shortcut icon in Haiilo, they will be taken to this the link that you have input. The link must be valid for the shortcut to be able to be created!
Visibility: Group admins cannot select anything in this field, as they can only create shortcuts for their own group. Company admins on the other hand can select either:
- 'For everyone' whereby the shortcut will be visible to all groups in their Haiilo domain
- 'For a group' and choose one group from the list whereby the shortcut will be visible only to users belonging to that group.
Platform: Group admins cannot select anything in this field, but company admins on the other hand can select either:
- 'Web and mobile' meaning the shortcut will be visible both in the desktop version of Haiilo and in the Haiilo mobile app
- 'Web only' meaning the shortcut will be visible only in the desktop version of Haiilo. It will not show at all in the Haiilo mobile app.
- 'Mobile only' meaning the shortcut will be visible only in the Haiilo mobile app. It will not show at all in the desktop version of Haiilo.
Appearance: the Appearance section lets you decide the color and icon for the shortcut
- Color: the color for the shortcut can be selected from the drop-down menu of example colors OR you are able to input a HEX color code into the field.
- Icon: the icon for the shortcut can be selected from the drop-down menu of icons.
When you have input information in all the fields and selected your color and icon, a preview will appear of what your shortcut will look like when created. When you are ready to create your shortcut, click "Add Shortcut".
General information about Shortcuts
Below you will find some important information about the Shortcuts-function and how it works:
- A shortcut that has been created by a company admin and is visible to Everyone can only be edited by a company admin. Group admins cannot edit All company shortcuts even if they are able to see them in their group's Home Screen settings.
- A shortcut that has been created by a company or group admin and is visible to one group only can be edited by a group or company admin. Group admins can edit all fields for their group's shortcuts except the Visibility field.
- All company shortcuts can only be deleted by company admins and group-specific shortcuts can be deleted by a company admin or the group admins for that group.
- The first 4 shortcuts will be shown in the Shortcuts field in the Haiilo mobile app and Haiilo desktop platform. Users can access all other shortcuts in the "All Shortcuts" view.
- Group admins are able to reorganize the order of the Shortcuts for their group. Company admins cannot reorder the shortcuts for the whole company, reorganizing can only be done on a group-level.