You can create a survey or poll with various question types directly in Haiilo to gather feedback and opinions from your users. Company and Group Admins can create surveys.
Step 1: Set a title and description
In the first step, give your Survey post a title and a description so your users know what your survey is about. Write all the information about your survey you want your users to know in these fields.
The title and description will be visible in the survey preview on the Haiilo feed and to users when they open the survey to complete it.
Step 2: Add questions
In this step, you get to add questions to your survey. You can choose between four types of questions:
- Single-choice: users can choose only one answer from a list of options
- Multi-choice: users can choose multiple answers from a list of options
- Short text: users can write a short answer to the question. There is no character limitation on short answers.
- Long text: users can write a long answer to the question. There is no character limitation on long answers.
For all questions, you add a title, and for the choice questions, you also add options for your users. By default, your questions will have three options that you can rename. You can also add options by clicking the + button under a question. For single-choice and multi-choice questions, you can easily add 'Other' to open a text box for users where they can write in a free response. Additionally, you can add the options 'None' or 'Select All' for multi-choice questions.
Above each question you create, you will also see some additional buttons, these are explained below:
- Delete question: clicking this button will delete the current question
- Mandatory or optional question: choose whether the question is mandatory for users to fill out or not. A mandatory question can be distinguished from the asterisk next to the title. When you first create a question, it will be marked as optional by default, so you have to select this icon to make it mandatory.
Step 3: Configure
In this step, you select the channels where you want your survey to appear. You can add multiple channels when creating the post. You can also set a post language (if the language feature has been enabled for your company Haiilo domain).
An admin can configure a post's settings further.
Read confirmation is disabled for survey posts and cannot be selected. Furthermore, as surveys can only be for Internal reading, the audience is automatically selected and cannot be changed.
Step 4: Confirm
In the provided field, you can write additional comments about the post. The comments will appear above the post when it is published.
Please note the following about surveys in Haiilo:
- Survey posts have the same default image. The image cannot be changed.
Users cannot edit their responses for surveys after they have submitted them. After a user has submitted their survey response, they can no longer see or edit the survey or their answers.
There is no anonymous responder possibility for survey posts in Haiilo. The admin who created the survey will always be able to see who has responded and what they have responded to. Haiilo automatically stores the user's name, email, group, and team when they respond to a survey.
The admin that created the survey post in Haiilo can export a csv with the survey responses. Other admins cannot access the report. The export will automatically show the user's name, email, group, and team, followed by the questions and the users' responses.