When creating or reviewing a post, you can select at least one channel, set a language (if applicable), add a campaign, choose the audience, and enable commenting, featured post, read confirmation, or notify users immediately.
The featured post function can be used if there is news or content to highlight for your users. If a post is marked as featured, it will appear at the top of the feed for users subscribed to the channel(s) the post was published in. The featured post box is visible to Group and Company Admins.
When creating, approving, or editing a post, you have the option to select the featured post function. To remove a post from being Featured, simply edit the post and uncheck the featured post box. Below you will find some important tips regarding the featured post function:
- The Featured Posts slider will only display the five most recent Featured posts. This is counted from when the posts were originally published. Admins do not have to remove Featured posts manually as older Featured posts are automatically pushed out if and when new posts are marked as Featured.
- The Featured posts will be displayed in chronological order in the slider. This is counted from when the posts were originally published or when a post is Refreshed.
- Users are able to navigate the slider by swiping, clicking the arrows or the dots in the slider. If a user clicks on a post in the slider, the post preview will open.
- To remove a post from the Featured posts slider, edit the post and uncheck the featured post box. You can also archive the post or wait for it to be replaced by newer featured posts.
- If one of your featured posts gets replaced by newer featured posts and you want it back on the featured post slider, edit it and select "Refresh" next to the featured box. Save the edited post to move it back to the front of the slider.
Audience: internal or external
When a post is published on Haiilo, an Admin can decide which audience the post is for: Internal reading or External sharing. A user who proposes a post can also suggest an audience option, but when an admin reviews a post for publication, they can change the audience. The audience box is visible to all roles.
For Image and Video posts, the audience is selected first before inputting the content. For Link and Article posts, the audience is selected on the 2nd step of post creation, after inputting the content.
- Internal reading: A post for internal reading is only visible in Haiilo. It will display with the green text For internal reading only under the post. There are no social media icons available, so users cannot share the post externally.
External sharing: A post for external sharing will show the social media icons under the post so that users can easily share the post externally.
- You can select which networks the post is shareable to.
- You can add one or multiple suggested sharing messages for the various networks. Depending on your company settings, users might be able to edit the messages before they share. If multiple sharing messages are added for one network, one message will be picked by Haiilo's system randomly and shown to the user when the user selects to share to that network. If the user wants to see another message, they can close the sharing window and click the sharing icon again, and a message will again be picked at random.
Notify users immediately
The notify users immediately function can be used for news that you want to inform your users about immediately. This will send an instant notification about the post via email, in-app and/or push to the users subscribed to the channel(s) the post is located in. The notify users immediately box is visible to Group and Company Admins.
You can only select the notify users immediately option when creating or approving a post. You cannot schedule a post while using the notify users immediately function, this will remove the immediate notification. You can distinguish the email notification from a regular daily digest email by the heading 'New instant post from Haiilo'.
To remind users of important content after the content has been published, you can use the re-notify users of published content function.
If the post contains information that all your Haiilo users should know, you can combine the notify users immediately function with the read confirmation function to make your users acknowledge they have read the post.
The read confirmation function can be used if there is news that you want your users to confirm they have read. With read confirmation, you can check how many and which users read your post. The read confirmation box is visible to Channel Managers, Group -, and Company Admins. Read confirmation can only be chosen when creating, approving or editing a post.
After publishing a post, users subscribed to the channel will see a banner and frame surrounding the post with the heading "Read confirmation required." This informs them that they need to read the post and select that they have done so. When you want to see how many users have read the post, simply find the post on the feed and you can easily see how many users have read it under the post.
The number will tell you the amount of users who have read the post out of the total who should read it. This number is based on the number of people subscribed to the channel where the post was published.
If you want to get a more detailed report of the users who have or have not read your post, you can also export the list of users as a csv. file from the three dots in the right corner of the post. Please note that only the Admin who created the post can see the number of users who has read it and export the confirmation list.
The report will show you the following:
- The user's name and email
- The Read confirmation status, i.e., if they have read the post (Confirmed / Not confirmed)
- The Group and/or Team(s) that they belong to
If the post contains information that all your Haiilo users should know immediately, you can combine the read confirmation function with the notify users immediately function to ensure that your users receive your post immediately when it is published.