Haiilo's Workforce Insights Internal Engagement analytics gives you a detailed look at how your users engage with the content on Haiilo. This guide will give you an understanding of the widgets in Workforce Insights and how to understand the data that you are seeing. You can learn how to filter the data here.
There is a difference between how Workforce Insights and Posts & Users analytics calculate data. Workforce Insights shows you data on posts published in the selected timeframe whereas Posts & Users analytics shows you data on posts that received any engagement in the selected timeframe. This means that Posts & Users also includes posts that received clicks or reads etc. in the timeframe even if those posts were published outside of the timeframe.
You can find Workforce Insights under the Analytics tab in Haiilo. You will automatically be in the first tab for Internal Engagement.
To make every part of Workforce Insights as easy to understand as possible, there is an i-symbol on the widgets' top-right corner. Clicking on the symbol will give you a description of the data that you are viewing.
Workforce Insights is updated daily at approx. 9:00 a.m. CET with information from the previous day.
The engagement meter shows the percentage of your users who read at least one post during the selected time period. A user needs to click open a link, article, image, or video post in Haiilo for a read to be counted. Simply scrolling through the feed is not counted as a read.
Post Progression Graph
This graph shows you a progression of published content, reads, likes, comments and the number of content contributors in your Haiilo domain during the selected time period.
You can hover over any point on the graph and click on it to view detailed data on that point. For example, if we want to know what caused the spike in the Reads data on October 29th, we can click on that point for the widgets to update to show us information only for that day.
Similarly, if you only want to see, for example, the progression of Posts you can hover over the heading in the widget and the Posts data will highlight in the graph.
Under the Post progression graph, you can see five small widgets giving you total data for various events during the selected time period.
- Here you can see the number of users who have contributed content during the selected time period. You can also click on this widget to open a list of users' names that have created content and how many posts they have created. If you wish, you can also export the list. If a user has been deleted, their name is replaced by N/A. Note: In Workforce Insights, only users are shown in the content contributor list. If your content is fetched from a connected social page or RSS feed, the content contributor will be the user who originally connected the feed.
- This widget shows you the number of posts which were published during the selected time period.
- This widget shows you the number of comments which were made during the selected time period.
- This widget shows you the number of likes which were given during the selected time period.
- This widget shows you the number of reads which posts received during the selected time period. Reads refer to how many times users have clicked a post to open it to read it.
Finally, at the bottom of Workforce Insights you will see two pie charts showing your Most engaging channels and campaigns.
Most Engaging Channels
This chart will show you which channels are getting the most Reads. As we can see from the example chart below, the channels 'Customer Success' and 'New Business' have gotten 20% each of all the Reads in the selected time period.
If you are interested to know more about the Customer Success channel, for example, simply click on that part in the pie chart for the Workforce Insights dashboard to update the rest of the widgets to show you information for that channel. All the widgets previously explained will update to show you data only for your selected channel. To return to the default view, you can again click the same part to unselect it.
Most Engaging Campaigns
This chart shows you which campaigns are getting the most Reads. If there are no results, it means you have no active campaigns during the selected time period. If so, you can simply add campaigns to posts in your Haiilo domain when creating or reviewing them to get more data.
If you are interested to know more about the Covid-19 internal info campaign, for example, to see how your users have been interacting with that type of content, simply click on that part in the pie chart for the Workforce Insights dashboard to update the rest of the widgets to show you information for that campaign. All the widgets previously explained will update to show you data only for your selected campaign. To return to the default view, you can again click the same part to unselect it.
Most Popular Sources
With this chart, you can identify where your users read your Haiilo posts. There are multiple sources which users can read content from. What you see in your graph depends on where you are using Haiilo and not all sources might be visible to you in your analytics.
A Read is tracked as follows in the sources:
- Organic = clicking to open a post inside Haiilo on the newsfeed or mobile app.
- Digest Email = clicking to open a post from the automated email digests from Haiilo
- Email Newsletter = clicking to open a Haiilo post in an email newsletter from Haiilo
- Instant Email = clicking to open a post from an instant email from Haiilo.
- Instant Push = clicking an instant post push notification on mobile
- In-app = clicking an in-app notification in the Haiilo web app
- Content Booster - RSS = clicking to open a post from a Haiilo RSS feed
- iFrame = clicking to open a post from an embedded Haiilo iFrame widget
- N/A = Reads before the 1st of October 2021, as reads before this date were not tracked to a source.
The basic graph will show the largest sources for reads in your company Haiilo domain and if there are more sources than three, an 'Others' option will be displayed. If you click on 'Others', you will be able to see a breakdown of the smaller sources for reads in your company Haiilo domain and their percentages as a part of 'Others'.
Unlike the other pie charts, you cannot select a source for the other widgets in Workforce Insights to update and show you data for only the selected read source.