Every person in Haiilo is assigned a role in their company Haiilo domain, and each role has different permissions. There are currently five different roles, and this guide will explain their similarities and differences.
Please take a look at this guide for instructions on updating a user account to have one of the roles.
User or sharer role
The User or Sharer role is the most common role that your users in Haiilo will have. A sharer is a regular user who can use Haiilo to propose and/or share content with other colleagues and their networks.
Users can only propose content to be published on your Haiilo domain. But, depending on your company settings, users might be able to publish internal content without approval automatically.
Users cannot see or adjust any of the company settings for your Haiilo domain.
The Channel Analyst role is only available if it has been enabled for your company Haiilo domain.
The Channel Analyst is a user with the added capability of being able to view and manage analytics for selected channels in Haiilo. Unlike the channel manager, the channel analyst cannot edit users or content in their channels, they can only see the analytics for those channels. A channel analyst can hence:
See Analytics for posts and users who posted in their channels
The Channel Manager role is only available if it has been enabled for your company Haiilo domain.
The Channel Manager's name itself gives a good understanding of what the role is. The channel manager manages channels in Haiilo. Effectively, the channel manager is a user with a few extra privileges. Channel managers can:
- Approve, edit, remove and create posts for the channels they manage
- Add and remove users subscribed to their channels
- See Analytics for posts and users who posted in their channels
A Group Admin has the capacity to manage everything for one group, namely the group they themselves are in. Group admins manage their group and all users, settings, channels, and analytics for their group.
Group admins can:
- Approve, edit, remove and create posts in all channels in their group
- Add, edit and remove users and teams in their group
- See Analytics for posts and users who posted in the channels in their group
- Add Resources for their group
- Create, edit, and remove Perks for their group (but cannot edit Perks settings!)
- Access and edit some Settings for their group
A Company Admin can manage your whole Haiilo domain. Company admins manage all users, settings, channels, and analytics. Since company admins can do everything in the domain, it can be useful to create Group admins and Channel managers to take some of the easier tasks so that company admins have more time for the centralized management.
Company admins can:
- Approve, edit, remove and create posts in any channels in the domain
- Add, edit and remove users and teams in all groups in the domain
- See Analytics for the whole domain
- Add Resources in any group in the domain
- Create, edit, remove and give out Perks in any group in the domain
- Access and edit all Settings for the domain